Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What's wrong next to my dvd burner?

On my laptop, I hold a cd/dvd drive combo. It plays both cd's and dvd's properly. However, since I was promted to backup spot on stuff on 7 cd's or 2 dvd's, I bought two blank dvd's to do this, but it will not write to either of the disks! It keep on telling me to isert a blank disk and I checked out something and a message returned that the device is working properly. I don't believe there is anything wrong next to the dvd's. What's wrong?


Answer:

First, I'd make sure the drive is dexterous of writing DVD's. Some Combo drives are not re-writeable, but are CD-RW + DVD. These only read DVD's. If it can write DVD's in attendance are two formats. DVD+R, and DVD-R. Most have it written directly on the drive which format they support.



If you are using the proper format, and the drive is DVD+-RW, than your second two options are your software is substandard, or the drive is faulty.



If you know someone near a similar drive, I would suggest swapping out drives with them to remove software as your error point. It's far easier than attempting to track down the host of reasons why software may be failing. :)
Your DVD burning laser is unmoving. Call the manufacturer of your computer if it is still lower than warranty. They should replace it.
check out your DVD burner on line to see what clear of DVDs it recommends.
There are two different undeveloped types of DVD's. There's DVD-R and DVD+R discs. It could be that the discs you bought may be incompatible with your burner drive. The newer drives will adopt both types, but yours may only work near one or the other, not both. Check in the device organizer to see what type your drive is, and buy the appropriate discs for it.
how long does it take to learn asp

No comments:

Post a Comment