Friday, September 17, 2010

What's the best means of access to install XP on a modern Vista HP notebook?

I newly bought a laptop pre-loaded with Vista and it's a distress in the butt. Vista have too many compatibility issues beside apps that I need to receive my work done. I want to install XP on it. I don't have any actual critical data or applications on here other than what be pre-loaded and one game that I enjoy the disc for.



Should I just wipe the HD and install XP? If I do so, are at hand any hidden timebombs because HP pre-configured the appliance to work with Vista? Will I want to download and save driver files formerly I do this?


Answer:

Correct ... wiping the knotty disk is best.

XP drivers are readily available (on their website) for any HP element that shipped with Vista.



No time bombs or any "pre-configuration" issues to mention.

I could not agree next to you more about Vista, & I too hold returned to XP Pro .... much happier for it.



regards,

Philip T
no ... u will have need of all the xp drivers for ur notebook though .. check the businessman site to be sure they are available ..
Let me see if I got this right. You compensated about $200 for Vista, and very soon it wont work right, so you want to buy another $200 cd from Microsoft to try to fix the problems caused by the first one, right?

A much better opinion than throwing still more money at Microsoft, is to dump it and get an uncap source program instead. One is kubuntu available at www.kubuntu.org
You can always own both, download XP and when Vista get adjectives the upgrades you'll be able to us it as your key OS

No comments:

Post a Comment